Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Subcommunity Leadership in 2019-2020

The subcommunity leadership will be transitioning beginning October 18th 2019 shifting the community to a responsive instead of a proactive group. The subcommunity leadership will transition as follows:

  1. The co-facilitators of the group will shift from three to two members (Josh Zamorand Brandon Bowersox-Johnson)
    1. We are open to any other community members carrying the community forward.
    2. Craig Appl  will shift from being a co-facilitator to a participant. (Thanks to Craig for all he helped us to achieve in the 2018-2019 roadmap!)
  2. The google group will be actively monitored and requests for support will be addressed.
    1. We want to continue to support countries and implementers doing work in Supply Chains and OpenHIE interoperability!
  3. Community members are encouraged to continue along their work path outside of the community and share with the community through the google group or wiki.
  4. Monthly meetings will be inactive unless a community member has a topic they wish to present and significantly contribute to the meeting.
    1. The member will email the mailing list 2 weeks before the scheduled meeting.
    2. One of the co-facilitators will decide whether to schedule the meeting and communicate this with the community.
  5. Online documentation will remain as it is unless community members choose to enhance it.

Roadmap Topics 2021 (WIP)

    • WHO Digital workflow for yellow cards (product verification - substandard and falsified)
    • Country interop between supply chain and health
    • Forecasting
      • annual procurement (power plan / qcat, dvdmt)
      • AMC
      • ISA
      • Asking the WHO more (would love more details)
  • Architecture
    • Use cases and workflow writing (IHE whitepaper as source)
      • Aggregate data exchange - mADX (HMIS and LMIS, team for patient level data - plm now dash, Vlad and Jorge, Bob)
      • Facility identity, MFL - mCSD
      • Inventory status
        • IHE profile? FHIR R5
    • Desire to add to next iterations of OHIE Architecture document
    • FHIR - using an IHE profile?
      • universal health coverage looking directly at FHIR / attributes

Roadmap Topics for 2020 (Draft)

The community has brainstormed the following topics of interest. Please feel free to reach out to the google group if you wish to lead the discussion.

  • Supply Chain Product Data Interoperability including FHIR mapping
    • Work on how health products are exposed/represented in FHIR - support interoperability between Supply Chain systems, UHC/insurance systems, and HMIS - create a guidance document, an example data format in FHIR, or a suggested extension to FHIR
    • Work on how formal classification systems (eg, SNOMED) are used and mapped
    • How GS1 standards for identification and other standards apply and cross-walk to FHIR
  • LMIS-HMIS Interoperability
    • Hear examples of LMIS-HMIS integration; consider a joint meeting with the Interoperability Layer subcommunity
    • Potential invitees: Angola, Malawi (VillageReach)
  • Inventory Reporting /Demand Planning Interoperability
    • How to get point-of-service consumption and inventory levels into LMIS tools (eg, EMR transactions map to consumption and demand planning, OpenSRP or EIR inventory reports feed into LMIS tools)
  • Country updates on Product Registry
    • Consider holding a specific meeting topic or webinar once there are enough attendees 
    • Consider holding a 'master data management' conversation to share best practices
  • Country progress on Supply Chain interoperability (LMIS, ERPs/WMSs, proof-of-delivery, VAN/dashboards)
    • For each of these projects, talk about how they are planning their interoperability, if they have achieved new integration, if they are procuring commercial systems what are they asking for
  • Adoption of GS1
    • USAID and Gavi/UNICEF have mandated GS1 (identifiers and barcodes on certain packaging)
    • GS1 GDSN data pool challenges, options and success stories
    • Potential invitees: Global FP VAN, GS1, USAID, Gavi or UNICEF, Path (Brian Taliesin?)
  • Survey
    • to ask what countries are doing work on Supply Chain interoperability, product registries, and connected systems

Completed Roadmap (2018-2019)

This document provides an overview of Supply Chain Subcommunity activities for Q4 2018 - Q3 2019.

Areas to work in:

  • Capacity Building
    • Introduction/education on Supply Chain for Health Domain Professionals
      • Include educational materials on GS1 standards and how it applies; OpenLMIS v3 Commodity Model; why move from a flat Product List to a GS1 Commodity Model.
      • Terminology for product identification.
      • User personas and user stories.
  • Value Statement / 'why'
    • Documented the value of Supply Chain interoperability in the OpenHIE context. Make sure we remember the 'why' within the health context, for the health workers who use these systems and how it benefits patients.
    • Final October 2018 Document: Value Statement for an Integrated Health and Supply Chain
  • Facility Registry alignment
    • Include supply chain concepts into OHIE Facility Registry: GLNs, including all facilities that can hold stock (warehouses not just SDPs), hierarchies (perhaps multiple), connecting supply chains (facility X is supplied for Family Planning products from warehouse Y, for vaccines from warehouse Z), etc.
  • LMIS-HMIS Interoperability
    • OpenLMIS (gap project) is scoping interoperability and will share requirements with OHIE-SC (this will become an OHIE-SC workflow)
    • Discuss: (1) KPIs that add value; (2) architecture of how data is exchanged; (3) metadata alignment; (4) use cases/workflows; (5) capability statements.
    • Loop in work underway in countries: Malawi, Angola, and Tanzania.
  • Product Registry / Product Master Data / Product Catalog Management
    • Define stakeholders and define the problem
    • Provide a definition for OpenHIE that fits with their "registries" concept, also provide working definitions for processes and tools that can assist in the creation of a "source of truth" through Master Data Management to create a "Product Master" and/or using a Product Catalog Management tool.  This should also include how these tools fit within standard industry tools such as a Product Information Management (PIM).
    • Provide workflows on how multiple levels (e.g. Global vs national) of product management processes/tools work.
    • Encourage / offer guidance on using standards such as GS1, standard barcoding, etc
  • Identify Next Steps - what work needs to be done to develop working reference software?
  • No labels