DATIM4U is based upon the DATIM DHIS2 system. From the DHIS2 perspective, it contains many of the same features and functions that the DATIM DHIS2 system has. Some key functions are outlined below.
DHIS2 / DATIM Features
The following are the key features that are inherent in DATIM4U from DATIM's use of DHIS2.
- Indicator Data Entry - Ability for 4U system users to perform data entry or upload of target and result indicator data in the 4U DHIS2 system. This functionality is a duplicate of the DATIM functions provided by DATIM Global.
- Site Data Curation - Another piece of metadata that must be coordinated with DATIM Global is the organization unit hierarchy and facility data. The system supports the ability for the 4U system users to perform site management or curation (adding and editing facility data). This functionality is similar to the DATIM functions provided in the DATIM Global system with a few exceptions/limitations. More details on DATIM4U org unit management can be found here.
- User Management - The DATIM4U system uses the DHIS2 / DATIM user management process and custom app called 'User Administration'.
Note that the Panaroma and Genie functions are external systems to DHIS2 and thus are NOT available in DATIM4U. Access to these can still be gained through DATIM Global.
Special DATIM4U features
The following are the features that support the DATIM4U exchange of information.
- Sending Indicator Data to DATIM Global - Once the result or indicator data has been entered into the 4U system, the data must be transferred to the DATIM Global system. DATIM4U provides this capability through the use of an IHE standard called ADX (Aggregate Data Exchange). This standard is managed by the IHE standards organization. The process for transferring the data to DATIM Global is described in Workflow - DATIM4U ADX (Aggregate Data eXchange) Process.
- Mechanism Synchronization - To be able to send indicator data to the DATIM Global system, the two systems must be operating under a shared list of mechanisms. The DATIM4U system features automated mechanism syncing with FactsInfo. This functionality is described in Overview - DATIM4U Mechanism Synchronization
- Site Data Synchronization - Once the site data is edited or changed in the DATIM4U system, the DATIM Global system must be updated as well. The DATIM4U system provides the ability for sites data that is entered or updated in DATIM4U to be transferred to the DATIM Global system. This functionality is described in Overview - DATIM4U Site Exchange Process
- Support for Transferring DATIM Favorites to DATIM4U - Ability to transfer favorites, which are a DHIS2 feature, from the DATIM Global system to the DATIM4U DHIS2 system.
In addition to the key functions mentioned above, there are a few DATIM specific processes that are enabled by scheduled jobs. Scheduled jobs are system processes that run on a regular basis (such as every evening or every night). The DATIM4U scheduled jobs include:
- Analytics - DATIM continuously runs a process that propogates data entered into the “Data Entry” app to other applications within DATIM. This process is called “Analytics” and it affects multiple applications in DATIM, including: Data Approval, Data De-Duplication, Pivot Tables, and others. This process is can be scheduled to run multiple times on DATIM4U as well. See https://datim.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001345786-DATIM-Analytics-Run-Times for a more detailed description of Analytics and how they are run on DATIM. DATIM4U timing may be configured differently and run at different times, but the function is the same.
- Dedupe - SQL script removed any invalid de-dupe entries. If data is deleted or updated, all dedupe records related to those records are considered invalid and need to be removed to retain data integrity. Script runs every 24 hours.
- Cache - script resets cached option sets in case option set values change, so that updated values will appear in refreshed analytics. Task was defined to address specific issue, however is retained running prior to full analytics.
- Dataset assignments script - This script assigns the appropriate dataset to the organization units (OUs) according to their level - community, facility, etc. (i.e. ensures that ‘site level indicators’ are allocated to sites). Newly added OUs will not be able to have data recorded against them until after this script has run. This script is run nightly.
- Backup - There is a scheduled back up of the DATIM4U DHIS2 database that runs multiple times per day.
- Restart Mechanism Importer daemon - There is a scheduled job running under the system_mechanismimporter user that restarts the daemon which listens for requests to run the Mechanism Importer.
- Favorites - Only 'public' favorites of report tables, maps, and charts that exist in DATIM are synced to DATIM4U as they are modified and saved in DATIM. The sync will run once daily. Transferred favorites will be subject to the following:
- DATIM owned favorites that are transferred will have its name prefixed with '[DATIM] '
- Transferred favorites will have its access changed to view-only. However, due to the bug in DHIS2, where even if a favorite is view-only, users are still able to edit the favorite, the functional effects of the access change cannot be seen. However, if the user clicks on 'share' for that favorite, they can see the access information.
- Favorites whose user UID does not exist in the node, will have the user UID changed to node system user so it will be able to be transferred to node. This modification will be recorded in the log file.
- Transfers that fail because of invalid information (could be invalid OrganisationUnit, DataElementGroup, or possibly something else) will not be transferred. But their UID's will be recorded in the log file.
- Deletions on global are not synced to node.