Description: A case report from an external system is sent to the HIE to be incorporated into the SHR.
- External System - The point of service system like an EMR that is used to capture patient data.
- IL - Mediates the transactions between the PoS system and the infrastructure services to facilitate easier interoperability.
- CR - The source of truth for patient demographic and identifier detail. It is able to be queried using an identifier to find the enterprise identifier for a particular person.
- FR - The source of truth for facility information. It is able to be queried for details about a particular facility by ID.
- TS -
- SHR - Stored patients clinical information. It is able to receive and store a patient clinical documents.
title Send Case Reports to SHR
participant External System
External System->+IL:  Send case report document
IL->+CR:  Resolve unique patient
IL->+HWR:  Resolve health worker references
IL->+FR:  Resolve facility referrences
IL->+TS:  Validate terminologies
IL->+SHR:  Save document to SHR
|1||Submit case report||IL||The PoS submits a CDA document to the IL, the CDA document is wrapped inside an XDS soap envelope, the message is optimized with MTOM /XOP.||IHE ITI TF-3|
|2||Get patient from CR by identifier||CR|
The message is channeled through the XDS mediator which queries the CR for the patient's enterprise identifier so as to enrich the document by adding it.
Communication between the mediator and CR is over MLLP
|3||Get provider from HWR by identifier||HWR|| || |
|4||Get location from FR by identifier||FR|| |
|5||Validate terminologies||TS|| |
|6||Send case report to the SHR||SHR||The mediator forwards the message to the SHR after enriching it, the SHR saves the document in its document store, extracts the discreet data from the enclosed CDA document and saves it.||IHE ITI TF-3 |