Membership and Organization
- Representatives must demonstrate historical contributions to the community and ongoing commitment to OpenHIE.
- The committee is chaired by the OpenHIE Community lead and supported by the secretariat.
- Members are recommended, nominated and voted on by current members.
- Membership will be reviewed on a yearly basis, to ensure it is diverse in its representation. (ie, gender, ethnicity, skill set)
- The Working Committee meets every month and is chaired by the OpenHIE Lead. The quorum for regular meetings and any special meetings of the committee shall be 60 percent of the total membership
- Participate in committee forum
- Make effort to attend OpenHIE in person meetings once a year
- Participate in OHIN Call to share Working direction and activities that spearhead development of the OHIE community (as needed)
- Applies logistical resources as appropriate or able to and uses secretariat as backstop as needed to move work forward
Decision Making Process
When it comes to decision making the Working Committee strives for unanimous approval on matters relating to the development of the community. However if a unanimous decision is not possible then group consensus is used. Consensus allows the committee to have discussions virtually, on calls or in person so all can hear and understand each other's opinions to come up with the best solution related to community matters. When voting on a matter one can make a motion in favor and then another must second, other members of the committee then have 3 business days to raise the matter again for clarification. It is the responsibility of the committee to ensure all decisions are communicated to community members through community forum(s).