- Requesting system determines which patients need follow-up
- Requesting system creates a ServiceRequest for each patient and sends the ServiceRequest to HIE
- CHIS queries the HIE to determine if there are any patients to be followed-up
- Requesting system returns results of CHIS' query
- CHIS determines whether or not to claim the service request
- CHIS "claims" the ServiceRequest to confirm that they will be following up a patient
- CHIS alerts the appropriate CHW with finding and advising the patient through a task
- This step is detailed below - Data Flow (CHIS / CHW Process)
- CHIS records the results of the CHW's efforts
- CHIS updates the ServiceRequest
- Requesting system receives update
- Requesting system updates itself accordingly
This video provides a demonstration of a CHIS fetching a service request in FHIR format (steps 3-9 outlined above).
This video goes through how to configure an application with FHIR resources (specifically for CommCare)
The diagram below illustrates the data flow between the SHR / FHIR Server and CHISs.