Calls occur the third Thursday of ever other month, beginning August 2020 at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time* regardless of whether standard or daylight saving time i.s being observed (*see other time zones)
Note: Calls that are canceled will not be rescheduled)
The OpenHIE - Health Worker Registry community works to;
1. Identify and document country or system-level user stories, use cases and functional requirements for exchange of health workforce information based on participant experiences and/or needs.
- One already identified use case is a central level health worker registry that can serve as a canonical source of health in a country
- Use cases may be further divided into data source and data consumption use cases.
- Use cases should include interoperability with other OpenHIE registry products to support collective operation as a whole.
2. Build consensus on data exchange profiles and standards for the Health Workforce Information domain, identifying and addressing any gaps in recommended profiles in meeting documented user stories.
- Identify possible health workforce information profiles (e.g. HPD – being implemented in Rwanda and Zimbabwe)
- Evaluate profiles and standards
- Select one or more profiles we can all invest time to support
- Extend profiles and standards through appropriate consensus-driven processes to fill gaps
3. Support development of one or more reference implementations of the profiles and standards in support of the documented user stories
- At least one of the reference implementations should address the central provider registry use case.
- Other reference implementations may include different data consumer and data source use cases
- Country implementation activities could then choose among the reference implementations OR take standards and guidance and build their own as long as they have full access to associated standards and profiles.
To participate in the Health Worker Registry Community, please visit https://discourse.ohie.org to join the conversation.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://iu.zoom.us/j/369646352
Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 369 646 352
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/5RO8evcS