OpenHIE news and updates:
- Standards Setting
- Learning / Capacity Development
- Implementation Support
- Building Community
Featured Impact/Use Cases
Community Engagement Points: community forum, mailing list, wiki
- Implementers Network
- Annual Community Meeting
- Key information and contact
- Identify audience(s)
- Identify medium(s) for outreach
- Develop message framework
- Write content
- Identify or create marketing materials and graphics
- Reach out to contact for references or quotes
- Review content
- Secretariat will use a communication calendar to track promotional communication campaign tasks
Mediums for Outreach
Our mediums for outreach communications span across websites, community forums, social media, and individual artifacts. Our infrastructure and strategy for all mediums can be found here.
Individual Communication Plans
Individual communication plans are drafted for projects that need to be marketed and are informed by the objectives goals and mediums outlined in this communication strategy.
OpenHIE has many stakeholders, implementers, organizations, and initiatives that serve in different roles in the community.
Over three years (2021-2024) track our infrastructure analytics to ensure that emails, web pages, and tweets are being read and engaged with, making changes where necessary. In addition to analytics, success can be determined if goals have been met to influence identified stakeholders to engage with OpenHIE, answering calls to action.
This work-in-progress document outlines the specific methods we will use for tracking analytics in the different communication mediums we support as well as lists the questions we would like to answer using analytics for each medium.
- Defining the value proposition around digital health to show HIE impacts in care - what is the bottom dollar benefit, ROI
- Member and public use of community forum
- Presenting all activities around focus areas to a wider audience
Our team will maintain a repository of ideas to contribute to the objectives identified in this strategy. These ideas will be put into action as appropriate.
To best achieve the goals in this strategy recommendations for things to be added overtime can be made community members. Recommendations can derive from ideas mentioned in the section above to be made into actionable tasks. Please feel encouraged to post comments or suggestions in that document or in the comments section below.